- Conference Theme (2017)
- Programme (2017)
- Speakers (2017)
- Organising Committee (2017)
- Review Committee (2017)
- Conference Proceedings (2017)
- Abstracts (2017)
Conference Themes: “Identity” and “History, Story and Narrative”
July 4–5, 2017 | The Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront, Brighton, UK
The conference themes for ECERP2017 were “Identity” and “History, Story and Narrative”, and the organisers encouraged submissions that approached these themes from a variety of perspectives.
These dual themes are complementary in that they excited research on a variety of subjects related to personal and group Identity, as well as the histories, stories and narratives that help situate us within communities and societies, and in the wider world in which we exist.
Crises of individual identity include losses and questioning of faith, of concepts of “truth” and “right”, and of ethical and religious societal responses to changing norms in different countries. These questions of identity go right to the heart of what it is to be human.
This conference also asked us to consider the connected notions of history, story and narrative within the context of ethics, religion, and philosophy. However, the submission of other topics for consideration was also welcomed and we encouraged sessions across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
The Organising Committee of The European Conference on Ethics, Religion & Philosophy (ECERP) is composed of distinguished academics who are experts in their fields. Organising Committee members may also be members of IAFOR's International Academic Advisory Board. The Organising Committee is responsible for nominating and vetting Keynote and Featured Speakers; developing the conference programme, including special workshops, panels, targeted sessions, etc.; event outreach and promotion; recommending and attracting future Organising Committee members; working with IAFOR to select PhD students and early career academics for IAFOR-funded grants and scholarships; and oversee the reviewing of abstracts submitted to the conference.
ECERP2017 Review Committee
- Dr Diana Po Lan Sham, Hong Kong Chinese Institute of Engineers, Hong Kong
- Dr Kakali Ghoshal, Budge Budge College, India
- Professor Nai-Ying Whang, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Dr Oseni Afisi, Lagos State University, Nigeria
- Dr Wilfred Lajul, Makerere University, Uganda
ECP2017 Review Committee
- Dr Agata Vitale, Bath Spa University, UK
- Professor Chin-Lung Chien, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
- Dr Edna Calma, University of The Assumption, The Philippines
- Dr Eva Ganetsou, The American College of Greece – Deree College, Greece
- Dr Fritz Ilongo, National University of Lesotho, Lesotho
- Dr Katalin Balázs, Psychology Institute, Hungary
- Dr Talat Islam, University of The Punjab, Pakistan
IAFOR's peer review process, which involves both reciprocal review and the use of Review Committees, is overseen by conference Organising Committee members under the guidance of the Academic Governing Board. Review Committee members are established academics who hold PhDs or other terminal degrees in their fields and who have previous peer review experience.
If you would like to apply to serve on the ECERP Review Committee, please send your CV to email@example.com.